Shift & Capacity Exceptions
In some instances, you might want to change your hours of operations (or even turn a shift off) for guests to make reservations from your booking widgets (via your website, Facebook page, and/or Zomato listing). Perhaps there is an upcoming private event that is closed to the public, or perhaps you're closing on a holiday. Please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the Main Menu (three little bars at the top left).
- Select 'Settings'.
- Enter you 4 digit pin code (if enabled).
- Select 'Shift & Capacity Exceptions' from the bottom row.
- Click 'Add Exception' from the top right.
- Select the date and give your exception a name. Then click 'Done' at the top right.
- The system will then create an 'Exception', overriding your 'Daily Template.' Click 'OK'.
- Your exception will now appear in the list of 'Active Exceptions'.
- To edit your hours of operations, click 'Edit Shift'. Click on the hours to edit or toggle off the entire shift (the green button should turn grey). Note that your team will not be able to use the Book Pro App outside of your hours of operation (not even to seat walk-in parties). This will also affect the inventory available on your online booking widgets (if you've turned a shift off, your widgets will reflect 'closed'.
*If a particular time doesn't appear, please check your other shifts and make sure that time isn't being used (ie - if you want your dinner shift to go from 3pm to 9pm, however, your lunch shift goes from 12pm to 4pm, 3pm won't appear as an option for dinner. You'll have to roll back the end time of your lunch shift).